My favorite jewelry cleaning technique is to use toothpaste and rub between your fingers. The above photo was a pair of sterling silver earrings before on the left and after on the right. And a bonus is it smells minty fresh!
The following household mixtures can be used for a deeper cleaning. Mix the ingredients into a paste and rub on the jewelry using fingers, soft cloth or soft toothbrush. Rinse well and dry with a clean cloth.
♥ White vinegar and baking soda
♥ Lemon Juice and Salt
Renaissance Wax is a safe, longer-lasting protective layer, for use on surfaces that will come in contact with skin oils and can be purchased online.
1. Jewelry care tip #1. Put on last after hairspray or perfume.
2. Take off to shower or swim.
3. Rub down with a soft cloth and store in an airtight baggy.
4. Each piece is handmade, so it may have some imperfections. I will happily replace or repair any manufacturer defects ( not normal wear and tear) on jewelry within a 6 month period.
5. Copper and Brass will naturally tarnish when exposed to oxygen and the oils from your skin. If you would like to keep it bright and shiny, store in an airtight bag with an anti-tarnish strip which may be provided.
6. Clean with dish soap and water to remove any accumulated dirt, pollutants, skin oils, etc from the metal and dry well with a soft cloth.